TG NEWS ARCHIVE
COSEY FANNI TUTTI - NEW MEMOIR - ART SEX MUSIC
Faber are proud to announce the publication of ART SEX MUSIC
Art Sex Music is the autobiography of a musician who, as a founding member of the avant-garde group Throbbing Gristle and electronic pioneers Chris & Cosey, has consistently challenged the boundaries of music over the past four decades.
It is the account of an artist who, as part of COUM Transmissions, represented Britain at the IXth Biennale de Paris, whose Prostitution show at the ICA in 1976 caused the Conservative MP Nicholas Fairbairn to declare her, COUM and Throbbing Gristle ‘Wreckers of Civilisation’… shortly before he was arrested for indecent exposure, and whose work continues to be held at the vanguard of contemporary art, some of which resides as part of the Tate permanent collection.
And it is the story of her work as a pornographic model and striptease artiste which challenged assumptions about morality, pornography and art.
Art Sex Music is the wise, shocking and elegant autobiography of Cosey Fanni Tutti.
Pre-Order Art Sex Music at Amazon
Pre-Order Art Sex Music at Waterstones
COUM TRANSMISSIONS - HULL CITY OF CULTURE 2017
3rd Feb - 22nd March 2017
10am - 8pm / Price: Free
Explore the life of COUM Transmissions in the first exhibition of materials drawn from the personal archives of Cosey Fanni Tutti and Genesis P-Orridge. Live events organised by The Quietus will trace the conception and legacy of COUM, combining music, talks and discussions among original COUM members.
Founded in Hull during the late 1960s by artists Genesis P-Orridge and Cosey Fanni Tutti, COUM Transmissions was a collective whose work confronted, subverted and challenged societal conventions.
Labelled ‘the wreckers of civilisation’ by a Conservative MP following COUM’s Prostitution show at London’s Institute of Contemporary Arts, the group’s end in 1976 heralded the formation of the musical collective Throbbing Gristle.
WHO ARE COUM TRANSMISSIONS?
A guide to the performance art collective formed in Hull.
HUMBER STREET GALLERY
64 Humber Street, Hull. HU1 1TU
(Accessible Toilets, Level Access, Lift Access, Wheelchair Access)
ALL FINAL WEEKEND EVENTS HAVE NOW SOLD OUT!
Welcome to Hull - City of Culture 2017
Includes Cosey Fanni Tutti discussing the new COUM Transmissions exhibition for Hull UK City of Culture 2017.
Available to watch on iPlayer now.
Made in Hull - BBC Radio 4
Artist Cosey Fanni Tutti, Spencer Tunick and film-maker Sean McAllister are some of the leading contributors to Hull UK City of Culture 2017.
Available to stream or download.
CHRIS & COSEY DISCUSS USING EVENTIDE EFFECTS IN THROBBING GRISTLE
- Chris Carter and Cosey Fanni Tutti discuss how Throbbing Gristle used the legendary Eventide H910 Harmonizer in the studio. The hardware unit has recently been relaunched as a ‘plug-in’ for digital audio workstations.
More details here.
THROBBING GRISTLE LPs RE-PRESSED
- Back in 2011 Industrial Records reissued five Throbbing Gristle albums (A Second Annual Report, DOA The Third & Final Report, Heathen Earth, 20 Jazz Funk Greats, and Throbbing Gristle’s Greatest Hits) as deluxe vinyl editions. Back by popular demand, those re-mastered albums are being re-pressed. Industrial will also bring out another pressing of X-TG’s Desertshore / The Final Report, which was Chris Carter & Cosey Fanni Tutti’s 2012 tribute to their departed TG comrade Peter “Sleazy” Christopherson.
Get your fix from 4th April via Boomkat
Don’t know your Throbbing Gristle? Read the essential guide to one of the most politically and sonically antagonistic bands of all time.
THE GRISTLEIZER - UPDATED!
- UPDATE - June 2016 - A brand new range of official TG endorsed Gristleizer Eurorack modules are currently in the works - and are being designed right here in the UK. Final production is still some months away but as soon as I have more details I will post the information on the www.gristleizer.com website. Or follow our new Twitter feed at… @THEGRISTLEIZER to get all the latest news.
INDUSTRIAL SOUNDTRACK FOR THE URBAN DECAY
- Post Premier Q&A at BFI, London. 8th May 2015
Writer-director Amélie Ravalec and co-director Travis Collins join industrial music duo
Chris Carter and Cosey Fanni Tutti to reflect on the origins of industrial music.
WORLD PREMIERE at the BFI, London. 8th May
A new documentary tracing the origins and development of industrial music featuring many of its leading artists. With Throbbing Gristle, Cabaret Voltaire, NON, SPK, Test Dept, Clock DVA, Re/Search and many more.
Q&A afterwards with Directors Amélie Ravalec and Travis Collins plus Chris Carter and Cosey Fanni Tutti (Throbbing Gristle).
Buy tickets: whatson.bfi.org.uk
Further Info: industrialsoundtrack.tumblr / facebook.com
GENESIS P-ORRIDGE OFFICIALLY QUITS THROBBING GRISTLE
- On the 2nd September 2013 Chris Carter and Cosey Fanni Tutti received (and acknowledged) written confirmation from Genesis P-Orridge’s London lawyer clarifying that his client (Genesis) had in fact left Throbbing Gristle in October 2010 and was no longer a member of the group.
GENESIS P-ORRIDGE ABANDONS TG AT BEGINNING OF 2010 EURO TOUR
- In the evening 27th October TG members and their associated managements received two emails from Genesis P-Orridge stating he was no longer willing to perform in Throbbing Gristle and returned to his home in New York. Cosey, Sleazy & Chris concluded that once more, and for the time being, Throbbing Gristle has Ceased to Exist, at least as a live entity. Therefore, and with deepest apologies, TG canceled their scheduled performance at Archa Theatre, in Prague, Czech Republic on 30th October. It being too short notice to offer an alternative set.
In order not to disappoint fans of the old quartet, Cosey, Peter & Chris offered to perform
live under the name X-TG at Arena Del Sole, Bologna, Italy on 2nd November
& at Casa Musica, Porto, Portugal on 5th November.
We hope fans will appreciate and enjoy this new project and the trio is looking forward to
performing exciting new and radical electronic musics together.
Industrial Records Ltd, London. 29th October 2010
AN IMPORTANT THROBBING GRISTLE STATEMENT
- Paul Smith, Manager to Throbbing Gristle and Ryan Martin Manager to Genesis P-Orridge wish to make it known that Genesis P-Orridge IS NOT SUING Chris Carter or Cosey Fanni Tutti as was recently reported in the press and on the Internet. The story originally appeared on WAToday.com, an Australian newspaper, and arose from a misquote that appeared in an article about Genesis' recent Australian dates.
Paul Smith & Ryan Martin - 28th February 2012
'SLEAZY' PETER MARTIN CHRISTOPHERSON (27/02/1955 - 24/11/2010)
- WE MISS HIM DEARLY...
To eliminate any further speculation, rumours or disinformation regarding the future of Throbbing Gristle (through these, the very saddest of circumstances) we concur with Sleazy's comments below.
"About the future of TG live… I do not regard it as possible for any changed band or variation of personnel to perform live as Throbbing Gristle without all the original four of us on stage.”
Peter Christopherson, 10th November 2010
INDUSTRIAL RECORDS Ltd ANNOUNCES IT'S OFFICIAL RE-ACTIVATION
- Industrial Records Ltd. is currently the sole representative of, and only official label representing and releasing records by Throbbing Gristle. Throbbing Gristle’s contract with Mute Records (EMI) expired in June 2010, and despite a number of other offers and proposals, all four members of TG elected to re-start Industrial Records and to re-release the IR/TG catalogue and the final TG studio album 'Desertshore' along with other archival recordings. Industrial Records Ltd. has purchased all the remaining warehouse stock of the Mute Records editions of Throbbing Gristle recordings. The first batch for sale comprises of the last remaining copies of the original editions of TGV DVD boxed-set, Part Two - Endless Not CD and double vinyl LP along with bargain priced 'end-of-line' titles including - The Second Annual Report / D.O.A. The Third & Final Report / Heathen Earth / 20 Jazz Funk Greats. These items will be for sale exclusively via the TG Mail Order site from 20th June 2010.
Cosey Fanni Tutti and Chris Carter - June 2010
Sole Directors of Industrial Records Ltd.
CLICK HERE FOR A DIRECT LINK TO OUR WEBSTORE
LIVE REMIX OF 'DESERTSHORE / THE FINAL REPORT' 9th JUNE 2012
Please Note: This is a free event and tickets can not be booked in advance. Chris & Cosey will be performing at approx. 8pm. Further details here: www.dlwp.com
LIVE PREMIERE OF 'DESERTSHORE / THE FINAL REPORT' AT AV FESTIVAL 17th MARCH 2012
In Remembrance of Peter Christopherson.
Sat 17th March 2012, 8pm–12am
Chris Carter and Cosey Fanni Tutti will premiere a selection of live remixes from TG’s nascent, and final, studio album: a cover of Nico's 1970 Desertshore LP. This will be preceded by a rare screening of Philippe Garrel’s The Inner Scar film for which Nico's Desertshore was soundtrack and inspiration. More details and ticket information is available here: http://www.avfestival.co.uk
'DESERTSHORE / THE FINAL REPORT' NEW X-TG ALBUM
THE GUARDIAN - MUSIC WEEKLY PODCAST NEW TG RE-ISSUES
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN
IN CONVERSATION WITH CHRIS CARTER & COSEY FANNI TUTTI ABOUT THROBBING GRISTLE
To celebrate the release of the remastered TG back catalogue Rough Trade are proud to announce a unique intimate Q&A evening with Chris Carter & Cosey Fanni Tutti to be chaired by Luke Turner (The Quietus) discussing the rich and unique history of TG.
Chris Carter & Cosey Fanni Tutti Interview, Rough Trade East by theQuietus
THROBBING GRISTLE REMASTERED ALBUMS NOW AVAILABLE!
- TG DELUXE VINYL RERELEASES
The Second Annual Report of Throbbing Gristle
D.O.A. The Third & Final Report of Throbbing Gristle
Throbbing Gristle's Heathen Earth
Throbbing Gristle Bring You… 20 Jazz Funk Greats
Throbbing Gristle's Greatest Hits
Each album will be an edition of 2000 copies.
Chris Carter has remastered the audio and the LP's come packaged with an 8 page full colour booklet featuring some previously unpublished photos, press reviews from the time, and other visual ephemera from the Industrial Records archive.
(Please note that any recent coloured vinyl versions of the same albums are 'bootleg' copies of VASTLY inferior quality. These records were cynically made available to exploit Peter's death, and are NOT authorised by TG or Industrial Records Ltd. Be assured we are actively tracking down the culprits.)
TG DIGITAL DOWNLOADS
The above titles are available as digital downloads in: AAC, MP3 and FLAC formats. These albums have been remastered by Chris Carter and come with their original IR LP artworks and six page PDF booklets.
TG CD RERELEASES
The above titles are available as part of a 'TG Time Capsule' CD series of reissues. Each title has been remastered by Chris Carter and comes packaged for the first time in the digi-pak format to better represent their original IR LP artwork. Each release in this 'Time Capsule' series, comes with an additional disc of selected TG live performances culled from our TG24 archive recordings. They are selected to represent TG live performances specific to the original release year of each album.
The CD and Limited Deluxe Vinyl Editions are selling very fast and can be ordered here: CARGO UK or here: TG STORE
Downloads can be ordered here: MP3+FLAC or here: iTUNES
(Last updated April 2017)
”INDUSTRIAL MUSIC FOR INDUSTRIAL PEOPLE” - Monte Cazzaza, 1977.